WebDAV and large files

Michele Mauro
While doing some testing with large files, I found that sometimes my @PutChild method receives only the first 8388608 (8192kb) bytes.

Is this a local configuration in Milton, or is it something I have to look for in my application server?
Where can it be modified?
Any ideo on why only some requests get limited, when sometimes a big (50.4MB) file passes through?

Michele Mauro

--
Michele Mauro
Chief Technology Officier

E-mail: [hidden email]
Mobile: +39 349 2222319
Phone: +39 049 8210229
Fax: +39 049 8774924

Re: WebDAV and large files

Michele Mauro
Yes,
it can be the case that the length is not sent by the client. However, it looks strange to me that the MacOsX Finder sends those headers just sometimes, and not always.

And no, it's not really related with the truncation issue. It doesn't affect the correct upload of the file, when it is successful.

Michele

Re: WebDAV and large files

bradmacnz

Content length header is not sent with chunked encoding, so it looks like finder is switching to chunked encoding for larger sizes. This is normal, but its normally handled transparently by the web server, so milton only sees a single request with the full content.

What web server (and version) are you using?