New to milton

pgtaboada
Hi there,

I am test-driving milton on my application and it looks fine - but I need to depoy the URLS under the /caldav" path.

What ist the best approach do archive this?

brgds,

Papik

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: New to milton

bradmacnz
You can put milton into a servlet context on path /caldav easily enough, just be sure to set the contextPath property on the builder so milton knows to ignore that path segment in resource location

BUT

You should definitely not do this. Caldav clients use the "well known" protocol to make connections, and that starts with accessing a special resource at /.well-known/caldav
Milton provides this resource but milton needs to be mounted on the root to be able to provide it.

This is something which has been discussed in great detail with many developers. The simplest thing is to usually use a subdomain like caldav.mydomain.com. A subdomain is basically the same as a context path in terms of deployment

Cheers,
Brad

On 14/05/16 06:31, PGT wrote:
Hi there,

I am test-driving milton on my application and it looks fine - but I need to depoy the URLS under the /caldav" path.

What ist the best approach do archive this?

brgds,

Papik

Re: New to milton

pgtaboada
I went through a few postings, but I was not able to reproduce a working version so long.

Deploying milton in my war is killing my app... I would love not to have to deploy

As far as I understood, /caldav/ path prefix should be ok.

Is there a comprehensive howto or any working example? Is it possible to have ios clients working or is it just harder?

Re: New to milton

bradmacnz
Hi Papick,

iOS cients work out of the box, but you need to have milton mounted on
the root to support the .well-known protocol

Milton is designed to be overlaid with another web app and will not
'kill your app' if you correctly setup path exclusions on the filter.
Use the milton.exclude.paths filter init param.

Or, if you dont want milton overlaid with your existing webapp, simply
use a subdomain such as caldav.mydomain.com.

Please just work through the annotations tutorials
hello world - http://milton.io/programs/milton/anno/anno1/
implement file operations - http://milton.io/programs/milton/anno/anno2/
implement caldav extensions - http://milton.io/programs/milton/anno/anno3/

Note that you cannot skip the first 2!