CalDAV implementation questions

brianrook-milton
After running through the tutorial I was finally able to implement basic CRUD operations on a resource based on the HelloCaldavController.  I wrote a java client that executes these operations over HTTP using the apache http client library.  However, now I need to implement some more advanced features:

1)  Freebusy or report query.  I want to get free busy for a date range.  I’ve created a new controller based on SchedulingController, but altered it to query against the filesystem from HelloCaldavController.  It is supposed to find the appointments, parse them with Biweekly (similar to iCal4j) and evaluates the date against what was passed in.  However, I’m not sure how I access that controller method.  I’ve tried HTTP POST against the root, but the method annotated with @FreeBusyQuery is not invoked.

2)  Mac Calendar synchronization.  I can see the events that I’m creating with the java rest client through mac webdav client, but they are not pulled into Calendar.  Events that are created with Calendar do appear in the file system so I know that the synchronization is working.  I suspect that I’m missing some “query” method that Calendar would use to find events (next 30 days or so).  Is this correct?  If so, what would I need to implement?

3)  I’m getting enterprise license warnings still.  I have the license files and I’ve put them in the webapp/WEB-INF directory (which I assume is on the class path).  Is this not the correct location?  Where should I put the license files?

Thanks,

—
Brian Rook
Lead Software Engineer

303.963.8778

Re: CalDAV implementation questions

bradmacnz

Hi Brian,

First thing is to get the license warning sorted. If there is no validated license file then the extended capabilities will be disabled, so things like @FreeBusyReport will not be invoked. The 2 files just need to be on your classpath. If you are using an expanded war project they could go in WEB-INF/classes

And just checking, are you following the caldav annotations tutorial? If so you should have a running caldav server which you can hack to your requirements within about 20 minutes - http://milton.io/programs/milton/anno/anno3/

And if you need a hand please ping me on skype - brad_the_mc - often easier to sort things out with IM

Regards,
Brad